Tuesday, May 8, 2007

So what's our business idea?

Our business idea is travel related. The target customer is a Japanese mother with very young children who wants to come to Hawaii partly as a vacation, but also to have her child learn English in an American environment. We’ll offer many different options for them…
For example, they can choose to do a homestay or choose to stay in a hotel. They can choose to send their child(ren) to a “real school” or receive private tutoring. They can choose to book activities through us and have us act as tour guides or just do their own thing.
Right now, we’ve done a lot of planning, but haven’t started any of the major legal steps. We kind of need an address for that and don’t have one yet. I’m looking into becoming a travel agent for doing this. Just researching companies right now.
I was a preschool teacher in Japan and we have many potential customers through that.
I’m hoping that we can pull everything together in time for the major Japanese holiday in August and offer a cruise program for that week. If that goes well, I think we can make quite a bit of money.
But we’ll see. Just wanted to give you an idea of what our business idea is.
I also have a website about teaching ESL to kids which is making a bit of money and one of my eventual dreams with that is to make storybooks geared towards ESL learners. I’m embarrassed to say that I haven’t updated that site at all with the stress of moving and trying to get settled.

0 comments: