Friday, May 18, 2007

Library Trip!

I used to be an avid reader, but books in Japan are prohibitively expensive and the English language selection at the libraries is pretty slim (as in 2 shelves of Dean Koontz books).
Needless to say, I was pretty excited to take my first trip to the library in the states.
I've been seriously out of the loop as to what books are good and/or popular, so if you have any suggestions for must-reads, please post a comment.
As for today's trip, here are the books that I got:

  • The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous & Broke by Suze Orman. I've been fascinated by how it seems that people either lovelovelove or hatehatehate Suze Orman. I haven't had a chance to read any of her books, so I picked out this on.
  • Mary Ellen's Clean House! I have to admit that keeping a clean and organized home is one of my Big Bad Weaknesses. I really want to improve on this area and since we're just moving into a new house, it seems like a good place to start.
  • Complete Idiot's Guide to Feng Shui Again, since we're just moving into a new place, it's best to start things off right with the feng shui. I always tell people that a long time ago, I was having a bad time with my finances. Every month, I would overdraw my account by $250. Exactly. I just couldn't get it right. Then I bought a book on feng shui and saw that I had a window in my "money corner" which was uncovered. The suggestion was that my money energy was flying right out the window. I put up a curtain and immediately my money problems ceased. Want to start things out right here.
  • Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution I'm vegetarian, so a strict low-carb diet is practically impossible for me. However, I've lost 75-80lbs slowly over the last 5 years without a huge amount of effort and it's been really frustrating how difficult it's been to lose the last 10-20. I think I should consider going lower-carb and wanted to read this book, which I've never read.
  • Generation Me by Joan Twenge. I was a feminist theory major in college and I'm really interested in cultural studies, especially studies of generational changes.
  • Gossip Girl Only in Your Dreams *blushing* I have a weak spot for young adult fiction.

I'd like to say that I'm going to be a good PF blogger and read the Suze Orman book first. However, I know I'm going to settle in for a couple of hours of trashy teen lit.

2 comments:

wedding dresses said...

Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Every girl has her most beautiful moment in the life just when you wear your own wedding dresses in your wedding.You can visit our wedding dress shop.Cheap wedding dresses have good quality. You can find ball gown wedding dresses,mother of the bride dresses,mermaid wedding dresses,flower girl dresses,strapless wedding dresses,a line wedding dresses,plus size wedding dresses,column wedding dresses,beach wedding dresses,empire wedding dresses,tea length wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses,cocktail dresses,evening dresses,prom dresses your dream. Get your wedding dress in our bridal shop. Finally,I hope you have a happy wedding.

Anonymous said...

ghd nz vyivyety ghd nz sale hwjliycd ghd nlqgvxsh