Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Carnival of Personal Finance #102

The 102nd editiion of the The Carnival of Personal Finance is now up over at Money Smart Life. My article on Paying for College has made the cut!
Here are a few other articles that I found particularly interesting:

The $300 Prom Challenge. BPT offered her daughter a deal: Prom budget is $300 and you can have anything that's left over. Very interesting. I wonder how many other students would make sacrifices if they could keep any of the extra money in the budget. I'd bet the number is quite high.

The Falling Dollar and Its Effect on You suggests that with the fall of the dollar there will be an increase in local tourism. Score for us here at Save to Quit!

Rent vs. Own: A Look at Our Expenditures. Gradmoneymatters details how much was spent on various things while they were renting vs. while they were owning. This was interesting to me because I've never owned and am hoping to take that plunge in the near future.

0 comments: