Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Some Thoughts on The Secret

I just re-watched The Secret the other night because I felt like a needed a reminder. In general, I believe in the Law of Attraction and have worked it successfully throughout my life--even before I had a name for it.
It always makes me think about this time when my friend said...and I can't remember why she said it..."It's just...I mean...WHY DOES SHANNON GET EVERYTHING SHE WANTS?!?!" And this was post-college, not a 6 year old throwing a temper tantrum. I giggled. I always did get what I wanted. And it's cuz of The Secret.
But anyway, this time watching The Secret, I was struck by something they said which I think could be taken in very wrong ways. In the sections where they were talking about money and material things, then mentioned how you need to act like you already have it. Then it (whatever "it" is that you want) will come to you.
Now, to me, that seems like an excuse to go out and buy a bunch of fancy toys just so that you can "feel rich" and in turn money will come to you. That's what it *seems* like they are telling you. But I think that the truth is that you will start worrying about your debt which will bring about more debt. I don't know.
The whole money aspect of The Secret might be a bit off. Maybe tomorrow I can be more organized in my thoughts about it.
But on a side note, I started repeating the mantra mentioned in the movie..."Money comes easily and frequently" and it has. Haha.

0 comments: